Friday, April 13, 2018

Karl G Maeser

" I have been asked what I mean by word of honor. I will tell you: Place me behind prison walls-walls of stone ever so high, ever so thick, reaching ever so far in the ground-there is a possibility that in some way or another I might be able to escape;but stand me on a floor and draw a chalk line around me and have me give my word of honor never to cross it. Can I get out of that circle? No, Never! I'd die first."
Image result for karl g maeser circle
I think what this quote really means to me is that when You are surrounded by materials people and places, you can escape that one way or another. But your word of honor is something you can't escape. The only way to be able to escape it is to fulfill your end. To have a word of honor is like a promise and others might think oh its okay if I break this promise but in reality, it's not like that. Promises were created to fulfill your end of the bargain no matter what. Even if it was hard to do you have to honor that. A word of honor is similar, they were created to be followed and not broken. The same others may break it but it's not really the sensible and moral thing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CTR project