Wednesday, April 11, 2018

Radiation Oncologists

Duties and Responsibilities: They are doctors who treat cancers and tumors through radiation therapy. They study how gamma rays, x rays, and electron destroy cancers in certain areas. First, they confirm the cancer diagnosis and then talk with their patient to see what treatment is best for them. They can work in hospitals, research labs, group practice, private practice or they can teach at a school. Must work long hours so they must have a strong stamina. They must be able to have interpersonal communication skills to be able to talk to the cancer patients and their families.

Salary:$477,807

Education: Training in radiation therapy, complete residency and fellowship, and have 4 years of medical school.
                                             
 Image result for radiation oncology
Reflection: I would like to pursue this career because I would like to help cancer patients live and have hope. Cancer is a tough thing to go through and this career helps them greatly, whether it is to cure it or treat it, it helps patients live a little longer and fight. I want to help them and their families go through this and I feel like in this job I will communicate with my patients a lot. I want to be able to have my patients trust and for me to help them get through that fight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

CTR project