Thursday, March 22, 2018

Psychiatric Aide

Duties and Responsibilities: These aides usually work in psychiatric and substance abuse hospitals. They monitor behavior, transport patients to hospitals or care facilities, clean facilities and assist in medical care under the eye of nurses or technicians. They usually help patients mentally and emotionally. They help them if they have personal hygiene, nutrition, socialization, and recreation. One skill they need is patience, a lot of it.

Salary: $16,000-$25,000 per year

Education: high school diploma or higher and receive on the job training

Image result for psychiatric aide                         Image result for psychiatric aide

Reflection: I would want to have this job temporarily so that I can receive training to become a psychiatrist. I wouldn't want to stay stuck in this job, I would want to move up position. It is a job I would pursue but I would only be an aide to get experience and then become a psychiatrist. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

CTR project